Associate, Development Operations
WFP USA is the recognized leader in America’s pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero hunger world.
Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Associate of Development Operations is responsible for execution of development donor care activity including donation processing and stewardship. As a member of the Development Operations team, they will be the first point of entry for donors as they seek to engage WFP USA more deeply.
- Executes donor care processes, including answering and tracking donor communications through WFP USA phone line and inbox
- Serve as the first point of contact for various stakeholders including donors, partnership inquiries, in-kind donations, fundraiser event hosts, and fields inquiries to colleagues as appropriate
- Processes gift acknowledgments ensuring letters are up to date, within tax guidelines, and meet the specifications of development department staff
- Track online and offline donations, including managing the gift upload and reconciliation processes
- Work with account managers to ensure designations accurately reflect donors’ intent
- Collaborate with corporate, operations, and foundations teams for pulling donor reports from donor management system
- Maintain accurate database, track relationships, and actions; including updating donor profiles
- Provide support for all aspects of donor meetings for the team, including preparing materials for visits and ensuring accurate tracking in donor database
- Provide administrative support and execution for donor events
- Organize and attend meetings; take minutes as needed.
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to relationships with donors, maintaining high degree of confidentiality
- Develop strong working relationships with staff in all areas of the organization
- Assist with special projects as needed to support the Development team
- Research WFP situation reports and stay up to date with all WFP current events to enhance donor services and understanding of strategic goals
- Provide support as needed for corporate partnership, major gifts, and special events fundraising activities
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in non-profit field or related systems management
- Experience completing a wide variety of administrative tasks in a fundraising setting
- Excellent analytical skills are essential
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly-organized, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experienced in using online databases and other sources for donor management
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with team members
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Salesforce, Luminate or other relational database, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to juggle competing projects, priorities and deadlines
- Candidate must possess an ability to work well under pressure, synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct manner
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a non-profit organization that builds support in the United States to end global hunger. WFP USA engages individuals and organizations, shapes public policy and generates resources for the United Nations World Food Program and other hunger relief operations.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.