Associate, Development Support
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $55,000 – $60,000 /year
Job Category: Admin – Clerical
The Associate, Development Support is responsible for execution of development donor care activity including donation processing and stewardship. As a member of the Development Support team, the Associate will often be the first point of entry for donors as they seek to engage with WFP USA more deeply.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
- Executes donor care processes, including responding to and tracking donor inquiries received through WFP USA phone line and inbox
- Serve as the first point of contact for various stakeholders including donors, partnership inquiries, in-kind donations, fundraiser event hosts, and route inquiries to colleagues as appropriate
- Play a key role in gift processing by securely handling donation mail received from donors and funders, scanning appropriate paperwork, facilitating successful deposit of checks
- Processes gift acknowledgments ensuring letters are up to date, within tax guidelines, and meet the specifications of development department staff
- Track and administer online and offline donations, including facilitating the gift upload, hard crediting/soft crediting, documentation, and reconciliation processes
- Work with account managers to ensure designations accurately reflect donors’ intent
- Collaborate with and provide support as need to the Individual Philanthropy, Corporate Partnerships, and Institutional Partnerships teams
- Maintain accurate donor data, track interactions with donors in the database, and assist with lists, reports
- Provide support and execution for donor events as needed
- Stay up to date on organizational messaging around WFP programs, events, news to enhance donor care services
- Organize and attend meetings; take minutes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree is required
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in non-profit field or related systems management
- Experience completing a wide variety of administrative tasks in a fundraising setting
- Excellent analytical skills are essential
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly-organized, and ability to meet deadlines
- Experienced in using online databases and other sources for donor management. Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with team members
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity donor databases, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Products. Intermediate or advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to juggle competing projects, priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrate sensitivity to relationships with donors, maintaining high degree of confidentiality
- Candidate must possess an ability to work well under pressure, synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct manner