World Food Program USA is the recognized leader in America’s pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero hunger world.
Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Chief of Staff ensures activities are well-integrated and based on the priorities of the President & CEO and the Board of Directors, as this position is a key contributor in developing, communicating, executing and sustaining WFP USA’s long-term, strategic growth to ensure the success of all organizational initiatives.
The Chief of Staff ensures a culture of cross-team collaboration at WFP USA and with WFP global. This person serves as a key member of the senior leadership team. The Chief of Staff works systematically to meet WFP USA’s goals through the creation and implementation of a strategic plan which ensures a collaborative working model between WFP and WFP USA.
The Chief of Staff monitors and assesses ongoing strategies, consistent with best practices, and collaborates with the President & CEO to ensure the culture of WFP USA is built around “one team, one goal’ and fulfills its core values, strategic goals, and desire to measure KPIs in building and tracking a successful business model.
Working with the President & CEO, the Chief of Staff serves as liaison to the Board of Directors to effectively manage Board activities including meetings, communications, recruitment, assessment and levels of engagement.
Leadership, Planning, and Process
- Lead the strategic planning process for WFP USA by acting as a project manager and ensuring alignment with the President & CEO and leadership team.
- Contribute to the implementation of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- With team leads, to ensure the development of key reports and dashboards for the President & CEO and the Board to determine alignment with strategic goals.
- Coordinate the organization’s needs and activities with President & CEO and other senior team members.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration between WFP and WFP USA.
- Ensure processes are established, using KPI’s to monitor and regularly track organizational performance metrics.
- Oversee large, cross-functional, organization-wide projects or initiatives, as needed.
- Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Support President & CEO in maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate agendas for the President & CEO’s approval before senior leadership team and board meetings.
- Organize company retreats, conferences, and other special events.
- Promote WFP USA’s mission throughout the organization by facilitating engagement and interaction with WFP field teams.
- Serve as liaison to the Board of Directors and Board’s Committees.
- Coordinate Board meetings and calls and prepare and distribute meeting materials.
- Coordinate committee and working group meetings as required.
- Manage Board communications.
- Monitor levels of Board engagement.
- Assist with the Board recruitment and assessment processes.
- Develop and maintain the Board handbook and all relevant documentation including term limits, resolutions, and bylaws.
- Work collaboratively with the President & CEO and the Board on recruitment, governance, and engagement.
- Oversee Board-related and cross-organizational events.
- College degree and 7-10 years executive office leadership.
- Applicants must demonstrate ability to work independently, multi-task and be pro-active.
- Be able to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity.
- Facilitate positive organizational change and growth.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as acute problem-solving abilities.
- 5+ years of experience with managing Board engagement and activities
- Have excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
- Possess ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- Have a strong passion for the organization’s mission.
- Proficient in Windows Platform software; PowerPoint and Excel a must.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized; accurate grammar and strong proof-reading skills.
- Must be familiar with nonprofit finance and accounting regulations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.