Deputy Director, Corporate Partnerships
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
The primary role of the Deputy Director, within the World Food Program USA Corporate Partnerships team is to leverage the financial, in-kind resources and expertise of the private sector in the United States to create impact on global food insecurity and its root causes globally. The ideal candidate is interested in global humanitarian issues, has a solid understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development goals, and has experience building multifaced strategic partnerships with the private sector. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Partnerships this position will collaborate with key teams in the US and globally to design and deliver strategic, high value partnerships across various sectors. This position, and the Corporate Partnerships team play a key role in supporting World Food Program USA’s ambitious growth goals for greater impact to support the mission and programs of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
Partnership Development and Fundraising
- Plan and execute corporate engagement and fundraising strategies for current partners around WFP’s programmatic priorities and outcomes with a focus on transformational, multi-million dollar philanthropic and in-kind opportunities.
- Implement best in best account management activities for a portfolio of strategic corporate partners with a focus on account growth, stewardship, relationship building and impact reporting.
- In collaboration with the Director, Corporate Partnerships, and other members of the Corporate Partnerships co-develop and drive the corporate engagement strategy, responsible for successful implementation of planned activities, programs, and projects.
- Cross-functional collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders across World Food Program USA and the United Nations World Food Programme in support of day-to-day account management activities while creating alignment on how U.S partnerships create value for the United Nations World Food Programme.
- Lead internal ideation and planning sessions with key partner social impact, programmatic and field staff to identity organizational gaps, technical needs, funding priorities and develop clear and compelling value propositions, pitches, and grant proposals.
- Project manage the full cycle of secured restricted grants in support of WFP efforts globally, including proposal writing, outcome, and budget tracking, reporting and donor communications.
- Represent World Food Program USA as a leader in CSR forums, conferences, and other events to expand network of corporate contacts and build awareness about partnership opportunities with World Food Program USA.
- Build relationships on behalf of World Food Program USA with a wide network of corporate contacts in the US.
Strategy and Leadership
- Leadership role in building World Food Program’s USA corporate engagement program that has significant growth goals for the next five years.
- Collaborate with and mentor junior team members with a focus on clearly communicating organizational, department and programmatic priorities and how their work supports a philanthropic culture that will enable achievement of ambitious fundraising goals.
- Active and leadership engagement in supporting broader organizational priorities and activities; engage in cross-departmental projects to help shape a positive organizational culture.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following: Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of work experience. Masters Degree can be substituted for required years of work.
- Between 7-10 years of experience executing successful corporate partnerships, or other relevant experience.
- Able to navigate highly complex global multistakeholder environments by providing guidance and direction.
- Proven track record of securing seven-figure or higher corporate partnerships, including philanthropy, in-kind, and technical collaborations.
- Proven track record of successful strategy planning and implementation.
- Strong understanding of global humanitarian and development sector, United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and familiarity with grant management practices and techniques of corporate fundraising and corporate partnership management.
- Strong understanding of the corporate sector and knowledge of current trends in corporate social responsibility, UN Global Compact social impact and ESG.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with individuals and teams at all levels.
Personal Characteristics and Work Style
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage and motivate others in a wide variety of functions across an organization
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual
- Ability to coordinate input from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage workflow processes
- Ability to operate, thrive, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial organizational environment
- High degree of creativity and motivation
- Demonstrated interest in global humanitarian issues
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRMs
- Familiarity with prospect research tools