Director of Celebrity and Influencer Partnerships
- Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
- Remote Type: Fully Remote in Washington DC, New York, NY, or Los Angeles, CA
World Food Program USA, a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, proudly supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger. Our leadership and support help to bolster an enduring American legacy of feeding families in need around the world.
We are offering an amazing opportunity for a well-connected, creative thinker with a track record of identifying, engaging and activating celebrities and influencers to join the United Nations World Food Programme and its U.S. affiliate, World Food Program USA, to help significantly build brand awareness and raise the organization’s profile among global and U.S.-based audiences.
To reach more people with lifesaving food and resources, the United Nations World Food Programme must increase its ability to raise funds from the private sector. The Director, Celebrity & Influencer Partnerships will lead the identification, development and stewardship of mutually beneficial partnerships with celebrities/influencers, media platforms, creative agencies and create platforms and campaigns that bring these partnerships to life. This person will work to ensure there is a global influencer presence and provide counsel to the global HQ on how the management of its global program.
A successful candidate must be able to make strategic recommendations for new partnerships that will advance WFP’s mission and must demonstrate a proven ability to increase brand visibility, deepen brand familiarity and solidify brand trust through strategic partnerships, enabling organizations to effectively fundraise with the private sector.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will operate under the joint supervision of the Chief Marketing Officer/WFP USA and the Head of Marketing/WFP and will supervise a manager level staffer.
Outreach and External Relationships
- Use an established network of contacts from extensive professional experience to cultivate, grow and manage high-level relationships on behalf of WFP with celebrities/influencers and thought/opinion leaders, as well as creative agencies, studios, talent agencies, production companies, media organizations and other sports / entertainment companies.
- Use these relationships to identify strategic opportunities that align with WFP’s Global Brand Partnerships Strategy and build into priority initiatives and campaigns, particularly with regards to celebrities/influencers and media partnerships in the United States.
- Increase the roster of the “next gen” group partners with a goal to motivate and engage Gen Z and millennial audiences.
- Stay up to date on WFP/WFP USA organizational and operational priorities, updating partners and prospects.
- Represent WFP/WFP USA with integrity, dignity and professionalism.
- With WFP/WFP USA target audience segments in mind, lead the identification, pitching and management of opportunities for shared-voice lifestyle media partnerships that align with WFP’s Brand Partnerships Strategy and builds into key initiatives and campaigns.
- Increase the number of high-profile media placements with celebrities, influencers and VIPs.
- Appropriately leverage TikTok as a channel to promote WFP/WFP USA celebrity and influencer partners.
- Keep up on trends in media and entertainment in key markets with an aim to promote innovation within WFP and insert WFP and world hunger into pop culture conversations.
- With WFP/WFP USA target audience segments in mind, lead the identification, development and stewardship of partnerships with celebrity/influencers that align with WFP’s Brand Partnerships Strategy and build into key initiatives and campaigns.
- Manage an engagement funnel for influencer relationships, including Goodwill Ambassadors, High-Level Supporters and other celebrities, chefs and social media influencers.
- Develop partnership proposals for prospective and renewing global Goodwill Ambassadors and High-Level Supporters, in alignment with WFP’s Brand Partnerships Strategy.
- Manage and coordinate outreach to WFP’s Goodwill Ambassadors and High-Level Supporters, celebrities and other social media influencers, ensuring proper priority of asks between initiatives/campaigns, offices and divisions.
- Help guide WFP’s HQ, Divisions, Regional Bureaus and Country Offices in their use of earned media amplification and in their engagement of WFP Goodwill Ambassadors, celebrities and other social media influencers to help achieve their brand-building goals.
- Work closely with WFP USA leadership, marketing and communication, development and policy teams to incorporate celebrity and influencer activities into their work.
- Review partnership plans for Regional and National Goodwill Ambassadors, offering advice for optimization when asked.
- Oversee and/or conceive of and write supporting materials (backgrounders, messaging, talking points, press documents, marketing decks, etc.) for influencers, media and other partnership prospects as needed. Develop plans, project management timelines, surveys, briefing documents, guidance and correspondence and other engagement materials and messaging as needed.
- In coordination with other units and the rest of the marketing team, create and execute methods of monitoring and evaluating WFP and WFP USA’s work with influencers and its execution of publicity efforts and integrated marketing campaigns, including key KPIs and necessary market research.
- Be mindful of and assess potential reputational risk to WFP and WFP USA when engaging with influencers and developing strategic partnerships.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned
- Advance university degree in Branding, Communications, Marketing or other relevant field, or undergraduate degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses
- At least 8 years of postgraduate or progressively responsible professional experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, while being a strong team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of World Food Program USA
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time, managing a heavy workload
- Strategic thinker and planner; strong project management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Exceptional writing/editing, verbal communication and presentation skill sets
- Impeccable integrity, judgement, and discretion along with a professional demeanor and interpersonal style that elicits trust from leadership, funders, staff, and partners
- Must be a proficient and diplomatic communicator
- Strong interest and or experience in humanitarian assistance, international development or global hunger
- Fluency in oral and written in English
- Assignment is based in USA (Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY or Washington, DC)