Director of Digital Advertising & Marketing
Job Location: Recruiting from GA, FL, NY, NJ, VA, MD and DC
Remote Type: Optional Work from Home
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $125,000 – $130,000 /year
Job Category: Marketing
The Director, Digital Advertising & Marketing is a seasoned digital advertising and fundraising professional who will expand the scope of our digital advertising program and take its performance to the next level. This role leads the advertising team to deliver against KPIs at each stage of the donation cycle – awareness, consideration, and conversion. It is ultimately responsible for producing revenue.
The ideal candidate considers themselves a program architect and is excited to operationalize and scale a quickly-growing advertising program, outlining the standard operating procedures, systems, tactics, and processes necessary to expand the group’s capabilities in both known and rapid response activation scenarios. They should be comfortable with fluid budget scenarios and motivated by articulating and soliciting buy-in to take calculated risks to deepen market saturation. They are comfortable establishing relationships with media publishers and vendors to negotiate pricing and placements for best return.
Most importantly, this role will actively mentor, provide guidance, support, establish trust, encourage growth, and empower the advertising team, prioritizing their team members’ professional development and partnering with them in advancing their growth.
- Oversee the design, execution, and optimization of successful digital advertising plans to drive brand awareness and engagement, new donor acquisition, and the lifetime value of donors.
- Manage team’s media buying activities to identify new sources of donor acquisition, scope channel placements to increase marketing spend efficiency, and define the focus for testing/analysis/experimentation across all paid ad channels.
- Build and operationalize SOPs and documents needed for new campaign launches, optimization, and reporting, such as team-produced media plans, creative briefs, timelines, budget management, QA, and KPI tracking.
- Identify and pragmatically deepen WFP USA’s relationship with high-value audience segments and donor journeys that are most effective at delivering against key strategic goals.
- Articulate revenue projections and investment budgets for paid advertising channels, ensuring that spend, awareness metrics, and revenue are pacing in such a way that WFP USA is achieving the maximum audience coverage possible while still breaking even on investment.
- Partner with internal teams to build advanced reporting that best demonstrates opportunities to grow lifetime value of key donor audiences based on their point of acquisition and topics of interest.
- Identify opportunities for better tracking and analysis infrastructure and work with the Manager, Experience Marketing to establish working groups that can implement best technology solutions to achieve it.
- Partner with advertising team in establishing and growing relationships with media partners.
- Oversee the Sr Manager, Web Experience and the Manager, Experience Marketing in managing the workflow and timelines for creating and testing personalized on-site experiences to yield optimal return.
- Work in close partnership with other team leaders, such as the directors of social media, brand & editorial, media relations, and celebrity partnerships, to set objectives and multi-channel strategies for key campaigns and moments in time, such as end-of-year fundraising.
- Inspire a culture of testing, learning, and maximizing results.
- Work closely with digital fundraising and marketing teams at U.N. World Food Programme headquarters, sharing strategies, campaign assets, results, and key takeaways to fuel performance across teams.
- Stay up to date on emerging digital fundraising, advertising and marketing trends across relevant industries to identify and grow brand opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience and proven results in developing and executing successful integrated, multi-channel digital advertising and fundraising campaigns. Your experience has ranged from hands-on executional media planning and activation to holistic budget and strategy development.
- Must have at least 3 years of supervisory experience. You should already know how to hire, create solid working relationships with, delegate responsibilities to, and lead a team of experienced people.
- Deep experience working with financial data and budgets to articulate expected fundraising ROI. A proven track record in executing advertising strategies to yield revenue is a must.
- Expertise in managing advertising and fundraising campaigns and optimizing results on Google Display Network, paid search, paid social, broader display advertising, DRTV, and CTV.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate data and information into actionable insights. The successful candidate will have a clear perspective on how to implement tracking solutions that ensure digital activity is measured accurately across various platforms to better establish an understanding of how upper funnel display investments influence bottom-line return.
- Experience using Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written and deck form communication skills.
- Strong initiative, a collaborative and hands-on approach, attention to detail and the ability to work in fast-paced and high-growth environment with challenging deadlines.
- Advanced experience in working with Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, Pivot Graph, VLOOKUP, Large Data Set, etc.)
- Nonprofit or agency experience strongly preferred; must be mission-driven and passionate about solving global hunger.