Executive Assistant to CEO
Job Location: 1725 I STREET NW, SUITE 510 – WASHINGTON, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 Salary/year
Job Category: Management
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Executive Assistant to the President & CEO is responsible for supporting functions for the organization under the direction of the Chief of Staff and will be responsible for supporting the executive team by organizing contacts, directing calls, coordinating meeting requests and schedules, and preparing correspondence. With a strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO will assist with organizational event coordination and management, as requested. In addition, he/she will attend specific meetings, provide follow-up reports as required, and be proactive in anticipating the needs of the CEO and the executive office.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger.
- Manage schedules and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Respond to meeting and information requests
- Arrange travel as required
- Manage and update key contacts in organizationÂ’s database and executiveÂ’s files
- Prepare materials for meetings and events as required
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of CEO and Chief of Staff
- Assist with internal communications efforts
- Attend meetings as requested and manage required follow-up
- Record and distribute meeting notes and coordinate related follow-up activities
- File and retrieve organizational documents and reports both in hard and soft copy
- Establish excellent working relationship with the Members of the Board of Directors in verbal,
- Assist with WFP USA hosted events
- Process expense reports
- Other duties as directed
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- College degree and 5 plus years of experience
- Must be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to organize time, work independently, as well as follow direction, collaborate, coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines on time and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly flexible and provide exemplary customer service to diverse, audiences
- Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners, and donors
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving, and strong decision-making capabilities
- Interest and knowledge of humanitarian assistance, international development or global hunger is preferable