World Food Program USA is the recognized leader in America’s pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero hunger world.
Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting functions for the organization under the direction of the CEO and will be responsible for supporting the executive team by organizing contacts, directing calls, coordinating meeting requests and schedules, and preparing correspondence. The Executive Assistant will assist with organizational event coordination and management, as requested, and will also provide support to administrative tasks related to our board of directors. In addition, he/she will attend specific meetings and provide follow-up reports as required.
- Manage schedules and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Respond to meeting and information requests
- Manage and update key contacts in organization’s database and executive’s files
- Prepare materials for meetings and events as required
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of senior leadership
- Handle any special projects requested by senior leadership
- Assist with internal communications efforts
- Attend meetings as requested and manage required follow-up
- Record and distribute meeting notes and coordinate related follow-up activities
- File and retrieve organizational documents and reports both in hard and soft copy
- Establish excellent working relationship with the Members of the Board of Directors in verbal, written, and electronic correspondence
- Arrange travel as required
- Assist with WFP USA hosted events
- Process expense reports
- Provide back-up assistance to the Office Operations Manager
- Other duties as directed
- College degree and 2-3 years of experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with a Board of Directors
- Proficient in Windows Platform software; Salesforce experience a plus
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills (interpersonal or presentation, or both).
- Strong initiative, a collaborative and hands-on approach, attention to detail and the ability to work in fast-paced and high-growth environment with challenging deadlines.
- Supervisory experience preferred; nonprofit experience strongly preferred.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing the audience awareness of World Food Program USA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing, or related field.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.