Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 Salary/year
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Location: Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, we are offering a fantastic opportunity for an innovative self-starter to help build our human resources department and carry forth the vision of the new CEO. The Generalist, Human Resources & Organizational Development, in coordination with the CEO and the Director of Human Resources, will be responsible for developing and executing strategic organization plans to improve organization effectiveness and workplace culture. In addition to general HR duties, the generalist will assist with analyzing the current state of operations, recommend, and execute new or enhanced organizational structures, initiatives, programs, and processes with the Director of Human Resources.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of
- ending global hunger.
- Work closely with Human Resources, the Senior Management Team, and other internal employees to design, lead, and implement workplace culture programs that help promote and sustain a healthy work environment, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, professional development, and leadership development.
- Assist with the design, execution, and evaluation of key programmatic elements of assigned programs, and the implementation of policies, procedures, and strategies tailored to meet organizational changes, needs, and program goals/objectives.
- Assesses and evaluates the effectiveness of assigned programs as well as organizational needs and makes recommendations for revisions and improvement to the programs, initiatives, and strategies as required.
- Conduct workforce analyses and staffing assessments
- Assist with the design and implementation of workforce development, engagement, and retention programs and initiatives
- Develops methods for tracking and reporting outcomes and metrics to drive accountability and effectiveness of OD initiatives
- Serve as a continuous liaison with all levels of management and staff in the delivery of OD services and the provision of consulting support.
- Facilitate customized, team-specific workshops as requested (i.e., strategic planning, employee engagement, team building, conflict resolution, cultural context understanding, etc.)
- Coordinates and assigns mandatory training across the organization
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments (e.g., safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications)
- Schedule interviews, conduct phone interviews, and manage the process of hiring qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conduct new hire orientation and assist with the execution of WFP USAÂ’s employee recognition programs.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices and suggest improvements.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, and talent management
- Research, organize, and communicate findings, related to human resources
- Serve as back-up to Sr. HR Manager as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum BA/BS and 2 years of experience in a related field
- Knowledge of curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Strong consultative, analytical, organizational, and strategic planning skills
- Qualitative and Quantitative data analysis skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Proficient in Windows Platform software
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, be pro-active and take initiative
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing the audience awareness of World Food Program USA.