Human Resources Generalist
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $80,000 – $85,000 /year
Job Category: Human Resources
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources, the generalist will be responsible for daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including new hire onboarding, performance management, benefits administration, leave of absence, and enforcing company policies and practices. In addition to general HR duties, the generalist will assist with analyzing the current state of operations, HRIS system, recommend new initiatives, programs, and processes with the Director of Human Resources.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USA’s values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
Employee Life Cycle
- Lead and manage new hire onboarding and orientation programs.
- Manage employee transitions including employee offboarding.
- Manage and 90-Day Review process with the employee and supervisor.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; assist with employee relations related issues; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and retention; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Process employee changes for payroll and maintain all records in Paycom.
- Ensure & review all employee timesheets are approved and ready for payroll.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
Benefits and Leave Administration
- Lead new hire and annual open enrollment process for all staff, using effective communication to explain various benefits offerings.
- Coordinate and facilitate annual open enrollment with benefits brokers and vendors.
- Identify trends and plan highlights and look for recommendations to outsell current benefit offerings.
- Educated employees on benefits plans, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, to help them make informed decisions.
- Research new benefits packages and pricing for upcoming enrollment period.
- Assist and prepare information handouts, plan highlights, and summary of benefits for all staff.
- Ensure the processing of benefits in HRIS system and report reconciliation.
- Submit employee data for review and process all benefit invoices for approval.
- Manage all state and federal leave of absence requests.
- Ensure leave of absence compliance with effective communication and periodic leave maintenance
Compliance and Data Management
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education. To include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and certifications are stored and completed in Paycom.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintain and update org chart and other documents in our HRIS system and SharePoint HR Portal for staff.
- Conduct periodic audits of HR files and systems to ensure compliance.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required OR 4 years of relevant of Human Resource experience.
- SHRM-CP, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SPHR or any Human Resources related certifications preferred.
- Experience with managing full cycle Benefits and leave administration including managing open enrollment.
- At least one year of human resource management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn WFP USA’s HRIS and talent management system in Paycom.