Manager, Digital Advertising and Marketing
Job Location: Washington, D.C. Remote option available.
Position Type: Full Time
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
Working alongside one other Digital Advertising manager, The Manager, Digital Advertising and Marketing will play a vital role in our digital fundraising strategy, with an emphasis on driving revenue generation, brand awareness and donor acquisition through an integrated digital advertising program.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a track record of designing, executing and optimizing impactful digital campaigns that engage audiences and raise funds. They will also demonstrate an ability to achieve results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, while balancing short- and long-term organizational priorities. They are passionate about understanding and analyzing data and engaging creative thinking to design compelling advertising units.
- Manage the set-up design, execution, and optimization of high impact, multi-channel digital fundraising and advertising strategies, with a focus on Google Search, display, and paid social to raise funds, drive brand awareness, and acquire new donors. Partner with cross-organizational teams to run ad hoc campaigns centered around donor retention and cultivation.
- Conceptualize and design multimedia assets (ads, video, animated gifs, content, text, etc.) for paid channels, including display and various paid social channels. At times, providing design support for organic social assets will also be required. Design experience is a must-have.
- Write compelling ad copy for Google Ads and Bing Ads campaigns and regularly optimize keyword bidding strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationships with publishing networks (i.e. ABC News, and other press outlets) to place display ads that complement earned media opportunities and drive revenue.
- Manage advertising budgets, including the monitoring of monthly spending, weekly/monthly reporting against targets, and quarterly forecasting against lead and revenue goals.
- Track, review, and report on fundraising and brand awareness ads performance/KPIs, identifying opportunities to drive stronger results.
- Work closely with marketing, communications and development teams to update on current and future campaigns and to gather input for on-going improvements.
- Work closely with the Social Media Team and Editorial Team to ensure alignment between ad programs, social and website content.
- Stay up to date on emerging and future digital trends as well competitive activations across all relevant industries to identify and grow brand opportunities.
- Ownership of other ad-hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing, or related field.
- Design experience
- 3-6 years of demonstrated experience implementing fundraising and brand awareness advertising campaigns across digital platforms (especially paid social, search, and display).
- Excellent knowledge of ads platforms (especially Facebook Business Manager, Google Search, and Google Display Network).
- Demonstrated experience using tools (such as Google Analytics Facebook Analytics, marketing performance tools and CRM information) to create reporting dashboards and provide insights; ability to deliver recommendations to senior MarComms team management with confidence.
- Demonstrated experience managing advertising budget and optimizing between multiple channels based on reporting insights.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to compose compelling storytelling/messages.
- Strong initiative, a collaborative and hands-on approach, attention to detail and the ability to work in fast-paced and high-growth environment with challenging deadlines.
- Excited about joining a growing team and adapting to change.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing the small donor revenue and audience awareness of World Food Program USA.