Manager, Digital Fundraising
Job Location:World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
This position will serve as a member of our Philanthropy team with a focus on managing and growing digital fundraising for core (low-dollar) and mid-Level donors.
This position will develop and drive World Food Program USA’s digital fundraising programs, currently including email and list growth. The Manager, Digital Fundraising will be part of a larger, comprehensive effort to acquire, upgrade, engage, and renew core and mid-level donors through a variety of channels.
- Help develop digital strategies designed to support the growth, diversification and retention of core and mid-level donors.
- Manage the day-to-day activities and email copy calendar for email fundraising programs including appeal, cultivation, stewardship and advocacy messages.
- Meet or exceed annual fundraising goals set in concert with the Director.
- Define clear metrics for success and coordinate future messaging based on performance against goals.
- Produce emails and donation pages as needed. QA all emails, donation pages, digital petitions, and pledges.
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing staff to integrate digital campaigns; route copy for approval; and ensure alignment strategies, messaging and goals.
- Work in coordination with Director to manage consultant relationships with digital fundraising agencies and/or consultants.
- Improve processes for and manage robust testing processes, email and donation form optimization and reporting.
- Collaborate with other teams to optimize donor segmentation and targeting.
- Be a thought leader and champion for digital fundraising and engagement best practices for the organization.
- Work with the development team to identify high-value opportunities for future digital development.
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for our shared vision of creating a world with zero hunger
- Commitment to a donor-centric framework that honors the donor journey from first to ultimate gift, and the many ways donors engage with and support WFP USA
- 3-5 years minimum experience in digital fundraising and marketing for nonprofits, either in-house or at an agency servicing this sector
- Familiarity with automation and CRMs. Preference for working knowledge of GoogleDocs, Pardot (or similar email marketing platform), Springboard (or similar donation page platform) and Salesforce (or similar CRM)
- Strong interpersonal, communications and organization skills
- Ability to lead and collaborate effectively in a team-focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute complex projects