WFP urgently needs your support to continue its lifesaving operations across the region.
Manager , Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Chief of Staff
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Chief of Staff in supporting all human resources services for WFP USA. The Human Resources Manager will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits review, enrollment and administration; employee relations; performance management and evaluation processes; on and off-boarding; policy implementation; recruitment; compensation review; payroll administration and employment law compliance.
- Responsible for administration, procedures, and communication of all organization-sponsored benefit programs, including invoice reconciliation, COBRA administration, annual renewals and enrollment processes;
- Respond to and resolve employee insurance inquiries and issues;
- Conduct and coordinate new hire orientation to benefit programs and periodically conduct benefit learning events for staff;
- Work with the Chief of Staff to ensure timely execution of HR-led initiatives including professional development and other strategic HR initiatives;
- Working with Senior Management to provide guidance, coaching, and resolution to employee relation matters, i.e. discipline, grievances, absenteeism, motivation, conflict;
- Stay apprised and informed on basic specific trends regarding compensation, recruitment, benefits, etc.;
- Manage and perform recruitment processes as directed by the Chief of Staff;
- Perform day-to-day HR administrative tasks ensuring compliance and accuracy;
- Conduct onboarding and offboarding processes – including offer letters and termination letters
- Coordinate special employee engagement activities;
- Oversee performance evaluation and management processes;
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions;
- Annually review and update WFP USA’s employee handbook;
- Working with Finance and Accounting, ensure timely payroll processing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or related discipline or 7 years of experience in the HR field
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources with degree
- Knowledge of compliance regulations and implementation
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- A client-centric HR philosophy and management style with high level of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- SHRM-Certified Professional accreditation preferred
- Must be a US Citizen
Does this sound like a fit? Please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample (no more than two pages each) to HR@wfpusa.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title. This description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of incumbents holding the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Further neither this description, nor completion of tasks associated with this title should be construed as a contract of employment. All employees of WFPUSA, unless otherwise designated by the President, are at-will employees.