Manager, Individual Philanthropy
Job Location: Recruiting from IL, FL, NY, and NJ
Remote Type: Optional Work from Home
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $85,000 – $90,000 /year
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION
World Food Program USA (WFP USA) seeks a Manager, Individual Philanthropy based in the Florida, Illinois, New Jersey, and New York areas to build a strong portfolio of donors and prospects capable of giving major ($10,000+) gifts to support the organization’s operations and mission. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Individual Philanthropy, the Manager conceives and executes strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors while maintaining relationships with an established portfolio of major donors. The Manager is responsible for developing relationships that are focused on connecting major donors to meaningful philanthropic opportunities that further World Food Program USA’s mission in a manner best matched to each major donor.
Why join us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- Your opinion will count, having exposure to key stakeholders in the company and acting as an in-house business consultant.
- You will have access to a host of inclusive benefits including parental leave, an EAP, and a wellness benefit.
- You will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger.
Donor Relationship Management
- Build authentic, meaningful relationships between donors and WFP USA to serve both the donor’s philanthropic goals and the organization’s mission
- Manage portfolio of 150+ major donors and major donor prospects to secure significant support for WFP USA
- Commit to a donor-centric framework that honors the donor journey from first to ultimate gift, and the many ways donors engage with and support WFP USA
- Collaborate with colleagues in Development Support on donor research and stewardship
- Through building and maintaining strong donor relationships, contribute to the Individual Philanthropy team’s shared fundraising goals
- Develop and implement personalized cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for each portfolio donor with a focus on donor retention, upgraded gifts, planned gifts, and multi-year commitments, as appropriate
- Partner with Planned Giving Officer on deferred giving opportunities
- Work with core and mid-level donor teams to move donors through their journeys with World Food Program USA to help them reach their philanthropic goals
- Collaborate with Donor Support to identify major donor prospects through established prospect research process
- Participate in the creation and implementation of strategies to expand our major donor base
- Solicit major donors for annual contributions ($10,000+) to WFP USA
- Draft and/or edit correspondence and fundraising material including funding proposals, impact reports, briefing memos, talking points, letters, and emails
Donor Events & Engagement
- Plan, execute and/or support cultivation and stewardship events (in-person and virtual) for major donors and prospective major donors, as appropriate
Donor Records Management
- Maintain accurate records of donor data and interactions through regular upkeep in Salesforce
- Work with Donor Support to ensure all gift entries are properly recorded, designated, and attributed to the correct program
- Become knowledgeable about WFP USA’s program areas and priorities
- Undertake special projects and other responsibilities as needed
A well- qualified candidate will possess the following:
- 3-4 years of fundraising experience, with a proven track record of closing five-figure gifts
- Passion for our shared vision of creating a world with zero hunger preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet set fundraising goals
- Demonstrated ability to act quickly and effectively while juggling multiple projects, responsibilities, and tasks
- Excellent relationship building skills and donor focus
- Must have an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset with the ability to work under remote supervision
- Must have flexibility and a team player mentality
- Ability to manage confidential information and observe donor privacy protocols
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce preferred
- Must have current driver’s license and willingness to travel (20%-40%) in support of donor cultivation and stewardship
- Experience in a startup-like environment a bonus