Time is running out in Yemen, and we urgently need YOUR help to send more food today.
Manager, Prospect Research
WFP USA is the recognized leader in America’s pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses, and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero-hunger world. Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations, and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Manager, Prospect Research, will support the Development team in finding and researching new avenues of revenue and support for the mission of the World Food Program USA. Responsibilities will consist of but are not limited to, offering vital support in developing robust portfolios for qualified fundraising leads and providing relevant research to keep the development team on track for growth. The successful candidate will be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Director, Development Operations, providing service across all fundraising channels with a primary emphasis on individual donors.
- Research current donor lists to identify pipelines for growth, with specific focus on moving donors from mid-level to major gifts
- Conduct deep background research on potential major donors, assess philanthropic interests, giving capacity, propensity and readiness to help develop portfolios of qualified leads
- Work with fundraisers to create recommendations on gift capacity and likelihood ratings for prospects and prospects for planned giving
- Produce specialized research targeted to prospect portfolios and identify funding projects
- Provide relationship mapping support to create pathways for contacting prospects
- Identify optimal portfolio research tools for Institutional teams and assist in relationship mapping for the Corporate and Foundation teams
- Work with fundraisers to create bios and briefing documents for donor meetings and events
- Develop and adhere to ethics and confidentiality policies in compliance with industry standards, federal regulations), institutional guidelines and policies
- Monitor trends in overall grant-making and individual philanthropy
- Distill and provide updates on key industry news and information as well as institutional and individual prospect news with relevance to fundraising
- Develop deep background in the programmatic mission of the World Food Programme and WFP USA and monitor industry-specific information
- Identify RFPs and other emerging opportunities for grants that support our mission
- Identify and evaluate new research tools to remain continually up to date with products and services
- Keep abreast of and communicate within Development Operations best practices in research, data integrity, and other hallmarks of a state-of-the-art research function
- Lead development in creating a repository of commonly requested content for proposal
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in prospect research or similar work for the non-profit sector
- Knowledge of the greater philanthropic landscape, including individual, foundations, and corporate giving
- Experience with subscription research tools to conduct detailed background research on individuals, businesses, and organizations
- Experience with donor databases and prospect management systems
- Strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and writing skills
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of data and effectively communicate key information to development team
- Willingness to learn new tools, technologies, and skill sets, and adapt to a growing and changing development environment
- Superior organizational skills
- Intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness in pursuing knowledge.
- Proven ability to responsibly handle confidential and sensitive information and abide by ethics standards and privacy policies
- Demonstrated ability to independently coordinate production of projects accurately and on deadline
- Proven ability to work collegially and collaboratively and to work effectively under deadline
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a non-profit organization that builds support in the United States to end global hunger. WFP USA engages individuals and organizations, shapes public policy and generates resources for the United Nations World Food Program and other hunger relief operations.
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.