Time is running out in Yemen, and we urgently need YOUR help to send more food today.
Senior Manager, Public Relations
World Food Program USA is the recognized leader in America’s pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses, and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero-hunger world. Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations, and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: We are currently seeking a passionate, creative, hands-on senior manager to help us expand and strengthen the awareness and visibility of the United Nations World Food Programme (2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate) in the United Sates. The Senior Manager, Public Relations is responsible for supporting World Food Program USA’s external affairs activities, and assisting with the implementation of integrated and strategic communication plans in support of organizational goals. S/he must be an exceptionally strong writer and presenter of ideas and have experience supporting integrated marketing campaigns. The Senior Manager, Public Relations is responsible for supporting the Director, Communications and team to: conduct targeted media outreach and secure placements; plan and execute external events; identify, coordinate, and execute thought leadership opportunities for CEO and senior management team; liaise with Corporate and Policy teams to support their communications needs; and identify, secure, and implement content partnership opportunities.
- Support the Director, Communications and team in implementing external communications and public relations campaigns.
- Support and implement the organization’s public relations/communications strategy, including an executive positioning program that provides opportunities for public speaking engagements and other thought leadership activities.
- Identify and assist in the management of activities, partners and vendors that build awareness and strengthen the identity of the WFP USA brand in the U.S.
- Liaise and collaborate with the Corporate and Policy teams to support their communications needs, including drafting communications materials and identifying and implementing thought leadership opportunities (i.e. speaking engagements, podcasts, guest columns, webinars, media interviews, etc.).
- Support, manage and implement media relations, events and other public relations activities.
- Assist Director, Commmunications with high-profile event planning and implementation.
- Identify, secure, and implement content partnership opportunities across four pillars: trade media, non-profits, corporate partners, and paid media, as required.
- Write and present communications plans to internal and external audiences.
- Monitor media coverage, assist with tracking performance metrics for media campaigns, and assist with development of media performance reports/presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-12 years of relevant work experience with demonstrated success in all or most of the functional areas (i.e. media relations, event planning, thought leadership and general communications activities)
- Experience developing and writing strategic communications plans and designing specific content strategies to meet objectives.
- Strong interest in humanitarian assistance, international development or global hunger.
- Experience developing and implementing thought leadership and brand awareness campaigns
- Strong media relations expertise, with demonstrated success securing national media coverage
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred; agency experience a significant plus.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time, effectively managing a heavy workload independently and without close supervision.
- Strategic thinker and planner; strong project management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented; flawless writing and proofreading skills.
- Impeccable integrity, judgment, and discretion along with a professional demeanor and interpersonal style that elicits trust from leadership, funders, staff, and partners.
- Strong team player with a collaborative work ethic and ability to work well with within MarComm team and across departments.
- Must be a proficient, polished, and diplomatic communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. public relations/communications, journalism, English, or related field)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.