Manager, Social Media
- Remote Type: Optional Work from Home in DC, NJ, NY, VA, FL, GA, IL, TX, WA or CA
- Position Type: Full Time
World Food Program USA, a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, proudly supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger. Our leadership and support help to bolster an enduring American legacy of feeding families in need around the world.
WFP USA is seeking a social media strategist and master storyteller with a successful track record of engaging audiences and building brand awareness to direct its social media activities, help attract and engage new and existing supporters and drive acquisition of WFP USA donors and advocates.
Working to develop robust, integrated social media plans that build the WFP USA brand in the United States and drive high levels of engagement, the Manager, Social Media & Engagement will create and implement highly sharable, breakthrough content that is creative, attention-getting and on-brand for our projects, and always driving best-in-class performance. This person will work closely with internal teams to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into overall marketing, communications, policy and fundraising efforts to help us grow. Must have supervisory experience.
- Use social media to strategically build brand awareness/familiarity of World Food Program USA among U.S. audiences and drive strong growth of follower base on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and YouTube.
- Develop social media campaigns, creative assets and marketing plans that connect with existing supporters and new audiences, maximize engagement and create significant social sharing.
- Plan and manage paid boosted strategies on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Drive growth of social media fundraising with tools such as Instagram stories and Facebook fundraisers.
Plan and maintain weekly and monthly content calendars. Oversee day-to-day messaging/posts, maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging.
- Lead the development, production and implementation of a wide range of content forms, including text, video (standard, Reels, and TikToks), images, gifs, animation, live-action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Plan and manage campaign executions, on time, on budget, to scope, and prepare weekly and monthly reports on campaigns, audience growth, influencers, user engagement and revenue growth.
- Manage the day-to-day content, strategy and reporting for the CEOs Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
- Provide thought leadership, implement best practices and track marketing performance to reach and engage with audiences more effectively.
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders within WFP USA and UN WFP.
- 6+ years of relevant experience managing social media, including developing content, posting, boosting and analyzing metrics on social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Creative background/skill in producing GIFs, social graphics and videos is highly preferred.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Experience with tools such as PowerBI and Brandwatch is preferred. Proficient in using social media management tools, preferably Falcon.io or Sprout Social.
- Understanding of how to use social media to strategically build brands and create attention.
- Strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills on short deadlines, and able to effectively deal with competing priorities/deadlines.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and drive action, particularly on Facebook and Instagram.
- Deep understanding of data and performance measurement.
- Experience working on social media within an organization with a global mission, nonprofit environment.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing the audience awareness of WFP USA.