World Food Program USA is the recognized leader in America’s pursuit to end global hunger, inspiring individuals, businesses and policymakers to do everything in their power to create a zero hunger world.
Consistent with the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, World Food Program USA works with U.S. policymakers, corporations, foundations and individuals to help provide financial and in-kind resources and develop policies needed to alleviate global hunger.
We are offering an amazing opportunity for a well-connected, creative thinker with a track record of producing successful social impact programs to join the United Nations World Food Programme and its U.S. affiliate, World Food Program USA, to help significantly build brand awareness and raise the organization’s profile among global and U.S.-based audiences.
To reach more people with lifesaving food and resources, the United Nations World Food Programme must increase its ability to raise funds from the private sector. The Strategic Partnerships Manager will identify, develop and steward mutually beneficial partnerships with celebrities/influencers, media platforms, creative agencies, and other private sector entities, and create platforms and campaigns that bring these partnerships to life.
A successful candidate must be able to make strategic recommendations for new partnerships that will advance WFP’s mission and must demonstrate a proven ability to increase brand visibility, deepen brand familiarity and solidify brand trust through strategic partnerships, thereby enabling our organization to effectively fundraise with the private sector.
The Strategic Partnerships Manager will operate under the joint supervision of the Sr. Director of Marketing and Digital Fundraising/WFP USA and the Head of Marketing/WFP.
Outreach and External Relationships
- With a focus on priority fundraising markets, use an established network of contacts to cultivate, grow and manage relationships on behalf of WFP with celebrities/influencers and thought/opinion leaders, as well as creative agencies, studios, talent agencies, production companies, media organizations and other sports / entertainment companies.
- Use these relationships to identify strategic opportunities that align with WFP’s Global Brand Partnerships Strategy and build into priority initiatives and campaigns, particularly with regards to celebrities/influencers and media partnerships in the United States.
- Stay up to date on WFP organizational and operational priorities; update partners and prospects accordingly.
- Represent WFP with integrity, dignity and professionalism.
- With WFP target audience segments in mind, identify, pitch and manage opportunities for shared-voice lifestyle media partnerships that align with WFP’s Brand Partnerships Strategy and builds into key initiatives and campaigns.
- Keep up on trends in media and entertainment in key markets with an aim to promote innovation within WFP and insert WFP and world hunger into pop culture conversations.
- With WFP target audience segments in mind, identify, develop and steward partnerships with celebrities/influencers that align with WFP’s Brand Partnerships Strategy and build into key initiatives and campaigns.
- Manage an engagement funnel for influencer relationships, including Goodwill Ambassadors and other celebrities, chefs and social media influencers.
- Develop partnership proposals for prospective and renewing global Goodwill Ambassadors, in alignment with WFP’s Brand Partnerships Strategy.
- Manage and coordinate outreach to WFP’s Goodwill Ambassadors, celebrities and other social media influencers, ensuring proper priority of asks between initiatives/campaigns, offices and divisions.
- Help guide WFP’s HQ, Divisions, Regional Bureaus and Country Offices in their use of earned media amplification and in their engagement of WFP Goodwill Ambassadors, celebrities and other social media influencers to help achieve their brand-building goals.
- Review partnership plans for Regional and National Goodwill Ambassadors, offering advice for optimization when asked.
- Development of materials: Conceive of and write supporting materials (backgrounders, messaging, talking points, press documents, marketing decks, etc.) for influencers, media and other partnership prospects as needed. Develop plans, project management timelines, surveys, briefing documents, guidance and correspondence and other engagement materials and messaging as needed.
- In coordination with other units and the rest of the marketing team, create and execute methods of monitoring and evaluating WFP and WFP USA’s work with influencers and its execution of publicity efforts and integrated marketing campaigns, including key KPIs and necessary market research.
- Be mindful of and assess potential reputational risk to WFP and WFP USA when engaging with influencers and developing strategic partnerships.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned
- Advanced university degree in Branding, Communications, Marketing or other relevant field, or undergraduate degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses
- At least 5 years of postgraduate or progressively responsible professional experience
- Well organized and detail oriented with strong judgement/decision-making skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in developing communication strategies, plans or campaigns
- Ability to understand audiences and plan for desired outcomes
- Ability to plan and organize work and communicate effectively
- Ability to handle a large volume of work and to meet strict deadlines
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger
- Fluency in oral and written in English
- Assignment is based in USA (Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY or Washington, DC)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization. This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.