Families need urgent help right now.
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Editorial Content and Brand
DATE UPDATED: September 30, 2019
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: WFP USA is searching for a skilled Multimedia Designer to join our Marketing and Communications team and help pitch, develop and edit multimedia content like video and graphics. This role requires speed and skill, a natural aptitude for narrative and storytelling, and focused attention to detail.
As a Multimedia Designer, you will blend your graphic design (print/web) skills with a strong passion for, and understanding of, simple motion graphic production. Producing video and simple motion graphics will be an integral part of your position, covering everything from developing special effects, GIFs and videos for social media and digital advertising, to video and audio content for the website. You’ll be responsible for carrying projects from early concept all the way through to a finished product.
If you have a passion for graphic design, strong experience in the Adobe Creative Suite and a creative mindset, then we want to hear from you.
- Create multimedia content and visual effects that excite, explain, and entertain, to engage audiences and drive digital fundraising on digital platforms such as the WFP USA website and Facebook, YouTube, Instagram stories, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Create static and simple motion graphics and infographics, GIFs, and special effects, as well as edit photos, audio, and video using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Create graphic design for collateral such as brochures, one-pagers and banners.
- Collaborate with the digital advertising, social media and website managers to help identify opportunities for multimedia content and brainstorm creative concepts for projects.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to deliver high quality assets within deadline.
- Prepare artwork and media for final approval and distribution.
- Bring expertise and thought leadership to the team, through research and continuous learning, to remain ahead of the curve and continuously create breakthrough content.
- BS/BA Degree in Design, Fine Arts, Communication, or related field required
- 3+ years of experience
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc.), WordPress and Microsoft products (including PowerPoint).
- An eye for detailed design and the ability to execute against a variety of aesthetics and styles
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Passion for telling stories through motion and multimedia
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail in the planning, preparation, editing and finalization of projects
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Experience developing creative assets for use on social media within an organization with a global mission, nonprofit environment preferred.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing WFP USA’s awareness and fundraising potential in the US.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work to HR@wfpusa.org. Candidate applications will only be considered when accompanied by a link to your portfolio – we look forward to seeing your work! No phone calls or agencies, please.