Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $70,000 – $75,000 /year
The Operations Manager oversees the organizations operating processes and adds improvements to it. They are responsible for administrative support of the World Food Program USA (WFP USA) operations team, which includes Human Resources, Finance & Accounting, Information Technology, Data Analytics, and Office Operations. The Operations Manager performs a variety of resource management, planning, and administrative tasks to ensure the department functions efficiently to support WFP USAs mission. The Operations Managers main duties include implementing policies and strategies to improve productivity and efficiency and building supporting an enjoyable company culture.
A successful Operations Manager should be highly organized and have a versatile skill set to support various business functions with a diverse range of tasks and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Long-term planning to create initiatives that further the organizations overall goals.
- Coordinating different teams to foster the exchange of ideas and provide cross-team learning opportunities.
- Identifying potential problems and points of friction and working to find solutions to maximize efficiency.
- Support the Operations Team with documenting and enforcing company policies and standards.
- Track daily operations and report or resolve issues.
- Document and train staff in new policies and procedures.
- Strong personal and professional judgment to find the best solution to organizational problems.
- Compile multiple reports and effectively communicate the results to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively supervise, coach, and train the Operations Associate by creating a positive environment, monitoring performance, and providing guidance.
- Execute special projects and programs that advance the organizations priorities.
- Draft letters, emails, presentation decks, meeting agendas, and other correspondence.
- Relay information in meetings and phone calls with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support meetings by taking notes and capturing action items.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of how people are experiencing the organization and recommend new communications and initiatives as needed.
- Act as a liaison between vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of experience as an administrator or in a similar position.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to WFP USAs mission.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required, Salesforce experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Active notary public license preferred
- Must be able to work quickly and independently to effectively respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multitask.