Senior Associate, Development
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $63,000 – $68,000
Job Category: Admin – Clerical
World Food Program USA seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. A 501c3 organization, World Food Program USA supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the worlds largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger, by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses, influencers and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger.
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude.
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Sr. Associate is responsible for supporting functions of the Development Department under the direction of the Sr. Director, Development Support. The position will be responsible for supporting the Development team with various administrative, executive support, project and meeting coordination tasks as well as maintaining key department administration resources.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
- Provide executive support to the Chief Philanthropy Officer (CPO) and coordinate related activities with Office of the Chief Executive Officer, members of the Development Department, and members of other departments and other stakeholders as needed
- Manage schedules and coordinate internal and external meetings
- Coordinate the preparation of materials for meetings and events as required, including presentations, memos, background materials
- Attend meetings as requested and manage required follow-up
- Prepare correspondence and handle special projects on behalf of the Sr. Directors, and CPO within the Development Department as requested
- Assist Sr. Directors, and CPO with internal communications efforts
- Partner with the Sr. Director, Development Support in various department administration efforts, such as maintaining departmental resources (ie. Sharepoint Portal Site, staff contact list, team charts)
- Arrange travel and process expense reports
- Assist with team-wide meetings, celebrations and retreats
- Other duties as directed
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in administrative/executive support function in a non-profit environment
- Experience in a fast-paced fundraising department is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in calendar management, project management
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook and MS Teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, external partners
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to organize time, work independently, as well as follow direction
- Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity
- Ability to anticipate needs and plan ahead
- Demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving and strong decision-making capabilities
- Interest and knowledge of humanitarian assistance, international development, or global hunger is preferable
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Accountable and takes initiative
- Solution oriented
- Organized and succinct
- Tact and diplomacy and ability appreciate different perspectives
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Strong affinity for WFP USAs mission and program priorities