Senior Associate, Direct Response
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $60,000 – $68,000 /year
The Senior Associate, Direct Response will join WFP USA’s Individual Philanthropy team, within the Development division, helping to increase financial support of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing global hunger.
Since 2020, World Food Program USA, the US arm of the United Nations World Food Programme, has experienced significant growth, especially within its individual donor programs. Propelling this growth has been a combination of the COVID-19 pandemic, significant media attention of the work of WFP, and investments WFP USA has made in the acquisition of new donors via direct mail and paid media. The Direct Response team at World Food Program USA is responsible for acquiring, soliciting, stewarding and growing the Core and Mid-level donor programs via direct mail, email, telemarketing, SMS and MMS, paid media and Face2Face.
The Senior Associate, Direct Response is a new position within the Direct Response team and will be providing project management support for our direct response programs.
This position will be an integral member of the Direct Response team and will report directly to the Director of Philanthropy. As a member of the Development team, this individual works closely with staff across all WFP USA departments, including operations, marketing and communications, and policy. Additionally, this position will work with vendor partners.
A key task of the Senior Associate of Direct Response will be to manage the processes that govern all aspects of our direct mail acquisition and appeals programs, including making and implementing recommendations for efficiency improvements. These processes include campaign creation and maintenance in Salesforce, WFP USA’s CRM, vetting all copy and creative, running reports, creating and uploading CSV files to secure sites, researching content on WFP’s MultiMedia Hub and providing approved imaging to vendor partners. These tasks must be done on time to ensure campaigns are mailed on time and error-free.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for the quality assurance for 10-15 emails/month in support of our robust digital fundraising program.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
- Use Salesforce to create and maintain direct response campaigns, uploading appropriate files and data valuable to stakeholders.
- Use Monday.com to vet all copy and creative for direct response campaigns including direct mail acquisition (4-6/yr) and appeals (8-10/yr, both Core and Mid-level); telemarketing scripts and fulfillment letters; emails; and SMS and MMS messages.
- QA all emails and SMS/MMS messages, recommend and implement updates to SOPs as needed.
- Serve as back-up to set-up and send emails in Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform (formerly Pardot)
- Create and run reports in Salesforce as needed.
- Maintain the Direct Response folder in Sharepoint, ensuring all documentation is filed appropriately.
- Collaborate with direct marketing agency partner and internal advertising teams on paid media and emails in support of direct mail campaigns.
- Dedicate two hours a week to reviewing the donor care inbox, responding as needed and writing handwritten thank you notes.
- Process returned mail, including undeliverable mail, mail with address errors.
- Adhoc projects as needed.
- Passion for our shared vision of creating a world with zero hunger preferred
- Experience working with a CRM, including basic report generation. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Strong grasp of common Excel functions. Experience with data interpretation and analysis.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Possess a willingness to create systems and processes that ultimately make our work easier, more efficient, and productive.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and respond to changing priorities.
- Must be comfortable managing complex segmentation strategies that require multiple email / donation page set-ups per campaign message.
- Excel while working independently and collaboratively in a team; proactively propose recommendations or solutions to the team.
- Content working in a space where emergency rapid response may be required. Commit to a donor-centric framework that honors the donor journey from first to ultimate gift, and the many ways donors engage with and support WFP USA.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience required.