Senior Associate, Foundation Partnerships
Job Location: Recruiting from GA and DC
Remote Type: Optional Work from Home
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 /year
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Associate, Foundations Partnerships will play a crucial role in helping implement the foundations strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private foundations, faith-based organizations, and grant-making civil society organizations. The role will work in a collaborative team environment and report to WFP USA’s Senior Manager, Foundation Partnerships. In addition to knowledge management, they will manage a portfolio of prospects and donors under the program and create thoughtful engagement opportunities.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- Your opinion will count, having exposure to key stakeholders in the company and acting as an in-house business consultant.
- You will have access to a host of inclusive benefits including parental leave, an EAP, and a wellness benefit.
- You will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger.
- Support and manage relationships with a portfolio of current and prospective organizations through all phases of the donor pipeline, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Responsible for supporting the grants management process within the team
- Oversee knowledge-related activities, including the management, capturing, sharing and accessibility of knowledge assets
- Support leadership engagement events and event planning
- Act as point of contact between Foundation Partnerships team and other departments and teams within WFP USA
- Update and manage records in Salesforce
- Undertake other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Manager
A well- qualified candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of one year of experience in a non-profit, fundraising, partnerships, multilateral affairs, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. international relations, political science, or related field)
- Must live in the greater Washington, DC area or Atlanta, GA area
- Familiarity with the practices and techniques of fundraising and grant management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editorial skills and a proof-reader’s eye for details
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow processes, agendas, and schedules
- Experience in coordinating input from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and work in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office with detailed knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software very desirable
- Flexibility for occasional travel to conferences and meetings
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual who can engage with and motivate others
- in a wide variety of functions across an organization
- Curiosity mindset and desire to learn
- Strong affinity for WFP’s mission and program priorities