Senior Associate, Global Programs – Development Support
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $58,000 – $70,000 /year
Job Category: Admin/Clerical
As a member of the Development Support team, the Senior Associate will report to the Manager, Global Programs and assist with the creation of donor communication pieces and coordination and planning of donor/partner travel opportunities organized by the Development Department teams. The role is also responsible for supporting the Manager, Global Programs function in building and maintaining strong communication channels with the U.N. World Food Programme regional and country offices and technical units for the purposes of creating sophisticated, compelling content for donors/partners and prospective donors/partners.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
- Assist in the production of uniquely tailored donor/partner facing materials that adhere to organizational messaging guidelines including but not limited to concept papers, proposals, stewardship reports, presentations, field trip itineraries and briefing booklets, and other creative communication pieces, such as newsletters, annual and impact reports.
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Global Programs and in collaboration with donor/partner relationship managers assist with the planning and coordination of select donor and partner visits.
- Develop deep background and a nuanced understanding of the programmatic mission of the World Food Programme and WFP USA.
- Stay up to date on programmatic information, organizational events, and messaging guidelines.
- Assist in the programmatic onboarding of new development team members, creation of regular program updates and organizing of program updates and learning opportunities involving U.N. World Food Programme programmatic units in the various geographies.
- Assist with monitoring if vendor partners adhere to contractual deliverables and flag any concerns related.
- Respond to team inquiries related to programs and ensure information shared publicly is accurate and adhere to internal guidelines.
- Collaborate with colleagues across different departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree required in a related field
- 2 to 4 years of experience in creating compelling donor communication pieces in support of fundraising activities in a mission oriented non-profit environment.
- Experience in planning and coordination of logistics related to international travel, mission trips or field trips for donors, funders or other external stakeholders of an organization, preferably in a non-profit or global environment
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience with donor/partner trip planning in an international context
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Copywriting and editing experience
- Knowledge of international relations, development, humanitarian affairs, public health and/or other related areas.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to juggle competing projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Experience synthesizing information and communicating complex information in a compelling and succinct manner
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Excellent analytical skills
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Willingness to learn new tools, technologies, and skills, and adapt to a growing and changing team environment
Personal Characteristics and Work Style
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Accountable and takes initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Tact and diplomacy and ability appreciate different perspectives
- Empathy and aptitude to relate to and work with diverse groups of individuals
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Strong affinity for the mission and program priorities of WFP USA