Senior Associate, Institutional Partnerships
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC or Remote from WA, CA, TX, IL, FL, GA, VA, MD, NJ, NY
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Admin – Clerical
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. international relations, political science, or related field)
The Senior Associate, Institutional Partnerships will play a crucial role in helping implement the foundations strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private foundations, faith-based organizations, and grant-making civil society organizations. The role will work in a collaborative team environment and report to WFP USA’s Senior Manager, Institutional Partnerships. In addition to knowledge management, they will manage a portfolio of prospects and donors under the program and create thoughtful engagement opportunities.
The successful Senior Associate, Institutional Partnerships will be committed to WFP USA’s programs, mission, and goals.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
- Support and manage relationships with a portfolio of current and prospective organizations through all phases of the donor pipeline, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship
- Responsible for supporting the grants management process within the team
- Oversee knowledge-related activities, including the management, capturing, sharing and accessibility of knowledge assets
- Support leadership engagement events and event planning
- Act as point of contact between Institutional Partnerships team and other departments and teams within WFP USA
- Update and manage records in Salesforce
- Undertake other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Manager
A well- qualified candidate will possess the following:
- A minimum of one year of experience in a non-profit, fundraising, partnerships, multilateral affairs, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. international relations, political science, or related field)
Knowledge and Experience
- Familiarity with the practices and techniques of fundraising and grant management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong editorial skills and a proof-reader’s eye for details
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow processes, agendas, and schedules
- Experience in coordinating input from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and work in a multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office with detailed knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software very desirable
- Flexibility for occasional travel to conferences and meetings
Personal Characteristics and Work Style
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual who can engage with and motivate others in a wide variety of functions across an organization
- Curiosity mindset and desire to learn
- Strong affinity for WFP USA’s mission and program priorities