Senior Associate, Prospect Research
Job Location: Recruiting from CA, WA, TX, IL, GA, FL, NY, NJ, VA, MD and DC
Remote Type: Optional Work from Home
Salary Range: $70,000 – $75,000 /year
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Associate, Prospect Research, will support the Development Team in finding and researching new avenues of revenue and support for the missions of the World Food Program USA and the UN World Food Programme. Responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to, offering vital support in developing a robust pipeline of qualified prospects and providing timely and relevant research to assist the Development Team. This is a full-time position reporting to the Manager, Prospect Research, providing service across all fundraising channels with a primary emphasis on individual donors.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- Your opinion will count, having exposure to key stakeholders in the company and acting as an in-house business consultant.
- You will have access to a host of inclusive benefits including parental leave, an EAP, and a wellness benefit.
- You will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger.
- Conduct deep background research on new and potential donors (individuals, foundations, and corporations) supporting the Development Team to identify qualified leads
- Manage and input donor research data in the organizational database records and files, adhering to best practices to ensure optimal data cleanliness and organization
- Provide relationship mapping support to inform pathways for contacting new prospects
- Work with relationship managers to create bios, and briefing documents in preparation for donor meetings and events
- Support the Manager, Prospect Research with the development of comprehensive donor and prospect research profiles, donor file screenings, and other duties as assigned
- Assist with providing regular updates on key industry news and information as well as institutional and individual prospect news with relevance to fundraising
- Develop deep background in the programmatic mission of the World Food Programme and WFP USA to be able to identify alignment with donor interests
- Assist members of the development team in identifying emerging opportunities for funding and other support.
- Develop and adhere to ethics and confidentiality policies in compliance with industry standards, federal regulations, and institutional guidelines and policies
A well- qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in prospect and donor research or similar work in the nonprofit sector, preferably at an organization working in an international context
- Experience with subscription research tools such as WealthEngine and iWave
- Experience with Salesforce or similar donor databases and prospect management systems
- Demonstrated strong writing skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with analyzing, synthesizing, and distilling large quantities of data to effectively communicate key and relevant information to the team
- Aptitude for learning new tools, technologies, and skillsets
- Superior organizational skills and comfort in a cross-team support role
- Understands how to responsibly handle confidential and sensitive information and abide by ethics standards and privacy policies
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks and projects on time and accurately
- Collegial and collaborative working style
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities in a fast-paced growing team environment