Senior Associate, Social Media
- Level: Entry
- Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
- Remote Type: Optional Work from Home in DC, NJ, NY, VA, FL, GA, IL, TX, WA or CA
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: 4 Year Degree
A 501c3 organization, World Food Program USA supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the world’s largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger, by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses, influencers and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger.
Under the direction of the Director, Social Media and Digital Advertising, World Food Program USA is seeking a Senior Associate, Social Media to support the team’s efforts in driving brand awareness, donor acquisition and donor retention through organic and paid social media. This data-driven team-player will assist in crafting, executing and measuring our growing and comprehensive digital program – including audience targeting, media planning, ad copy writing, multimedia asset creation, performance management and reporting.
- Help plan and maintain a weekly social media calendar.
- Manage the daily scheduling and posting and or boosting content across all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok.
- Help write effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging for social media posts create simple multimedia assets for ads and posts across all channels.
- Support the development of strategic social media campaign plans, campaigns and their creative assets, support social media activations with Corporate Partners and build out peer-to-peer fundraising opportunities on social media.
- Support the preparation of weekly and monthly reports on revenue growth, audience growth and user engagement.
- Provide event support and coverage across social channels which may include live conversations, stories, live-tweeting, live blogging, etc.
- Support community management across the owned social channels and look for opportunities to engage with important conversations through social listening tools.
- Work closely with marketing, communications and development teams to update on current and future campaigns and to gather input for on-going improvements
- Stay up to date on emerging and future digital trends as well competitive activations across all relevant industries to identify and grow brand opportunities
- Opportunity for ownership of ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or Marketing, or related field.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience executing organic social media.
- 1+ years of experience in social media community management.
- Basic level of proficiency on posting to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Tik Tok.
- Basic proficiency in social and search ad platforms – Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, and Google Ads.
- Basic level of proficiency in Google Analytics
- Basic level of proficiency in creating multimedia assets for social media and digital ads (such as simple graphics, photo cards, gifs, audio, and video). Special focus on creating Instagram Reels and TikToks. Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop and After Effects) is preferred.
- Passion for data and analytics, and preferably some training in analytics or research (including SEO/SEM tools, Google Analytics, social media channel analytics, marketing performance tools and CRM)
- Excellent writing skills and ability to compose compelling messages.
- Strong initiative, a collaborative and hands-on approach, attention to detail and the ability to work in fast-paced and high-growth environment with challenging deadlines.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing the audience awareness of World Food Program USA.