Senior Manager, Institutional Partnerships
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
The Senior Manager, Institutional Partnerships will play a crucial role in helping build and implement the institutional partnerships strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward private donors and prospects. The role will work in a collaborative team environment and report to WFP USAs Senior Director, Institutional Partnerships.
The person will secure new sources of institutional support while maintaining strong relationships with our current portfolio of foundation, NGO, and faith-based partners. They will manage a portfolio of prospects and donors as well as proactively create strategic engagement opportunities to increase our organizations visibility. A core component of this role will be the articulation and development of a strategy to attract new robust funding to this portfolio and undertaking new business development activities.
The successful Senior Manager, Institutional Partnerships will be committed to WFP USAs programs, mission, and goals. A strong understanding of international development issues and the philanthropic landscape particularly with funders with interests and giving outside of the United States, is preferred.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
Relationship Management & Solicitation
- Responsible for developing unique engagement opportunities, proposals, and events to upgrade, retain and attract new Foundations and nonprofit/civil society grantmaking partners.
- Manage relationships with a portfolio of current and prospective foundations through all phases of the donor pipeline, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Align opportunities with funding needs set forth by WFP USA leadership in collaboration with field leadership.
- Review and develop compelling grant proposals and reports in close liaison with WFP staff and regional bureaus. Monitor all cycles of successful grants/award in close collaboration with the Country and/or Regional Offices. Keeping informed and utilizing research and determining trends around donor collaborative initiatives and collaborations.
- Act as point of contact between WFP USA Institutional Partnerships Team and WFP HQ Foundations Team and WFP Program leads to ensure support and management of more complex grants.
- Diligently update and manage records in Salesforce
- Supervising other Institutional Partnerships team members, as needed.
- A minimum of five years of proven and successful experience in philanthropy, relationship management with Foundations, fundraising partnerships or related field is required.
- Knowledge of international development, global affairs issues is required.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong familiarity with the practices and techniques of foundation giving and well versed in new business development.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and a proof-readers eye for details
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow processes & schedules
- Experience in coordinating input from multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience with Microsoft Office with detailed knowledge of Excel.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM software desirable
- Flexibility for travel to conferences, meetings, and WFP regional and field offices.
Personal Characteristics and Work Style
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual who can engage with and motivate others in a wide variety of functions across an organization
- Strong affinity for WFPs mission and program priorities
- Possess a high degree of initiative, creativity, and urgency to find prospects that want to align their strategic goals, thought leadership and bespoke events to support the work of the World Food Programme