Senior Manager, Mid-Level Giving
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Salary Range: $100,000 – $105,000 / year
World Food Program USA (WFP USA) seeks an experienced fundraiser to lead WFP USAs growing Mid-Level program. This position is responsible for strategically increasing revenue from individuals who make a contribution between $1,000 – $9,999. A key component to this position will be to develop and implement strategies, tactics, reporting, and SOPs for retaining, increasing average gifts, qualifying and moving mid-level donors to the major gifts program. The Senior Manager, Mid-Level Donor Program will play a critical role in the oversight of assigned portfolios as well as collaborating with the direct response team on a holistic Mid-level program within our direct mail and digital fundraising efforts. This position will manage a current team of one Philanthropy Officer but will be responsible for building the case for a full team to meet the growing needs of this program.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USA seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. A 501c3 organization, World Food Program USA supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme, the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the worlds largest humanitarian organization fighting hunger, by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses, influencers and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger.
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude.
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why join us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- Your opinion will count, having exposure to key stakeholders in the company and acting as an in-house business consultant.
- You will have access to a host of inclusive benefits including parental leave, an EAP, and a wellness benefit.
- You will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission to end global hunger.
- Collaborate with Director, Philanthropy and Senior Director, Philanthropy to develop an annual plan and budget for the mid-level giving program
- Help develop and execute cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for mid-level donors with a focus on retention, increasing average gifts, moving donors to the Major Gifts program, and planned gifts
- Collaborate with colleagues on mail and digital strategies for mid-level donor appeals and communications, including messaging and donor segmentation
- Qualify donors from the mid-level program to move to major gifts, when appropriate. Work alongside the major gifts team to facilitate a smooth transition to major gifts for qualified donors.
Donor Relationship Management
- Build meaningful relationships between donors and WFP USA to serve both the donors philanthropic goals, passions, and interests, and the organizations mission
- Manage and engage a portfolio of 350 500 donors in the United States through phone calls, personalized emails, ongoing contact, and other communications
- Serve as primary contact for incoming calls and email requests from mid-level donors
- Commit to a donor-centric framework that honors the donor journey from first to ultimate gift, and the many ways donors engage with and support WFP USA
- Collaborate with colleagues in Development Support on donor research and stewardship
Donor Events & Engagement
- Manage donor engagement plans
- Plan, execute and/or support cultivation and stewardship opportunities for mid-level donors and prospective donors, including events and surveys, as appropriate
- Draft, edit, and personalize correspondence and fundraising material, including funding proposals, impact reports, briefing memos, talking points, letters, and emails
KPIs, reporting, analytics, and donor records management
- In collaboration with the Director, Philanthropy, establish KPIs, quarterly and annual objectives to meet revenue projections.
- Create dashboards and detailed reports that support data-driven strategies to acquire, keep, lift and move mid-level donors
- Maintain accurate records of donor data and interactions through regular upkeep in Salesforce
- Supervise Senior Associate, Mid-Level Donor Program 30% of the time. The Senior Associate, Mid-Level Donor Program has a portfolio of 500-700 donors. Supervise additional staff as team grows.
- Become knowledgeable about WFP USAs program areas and priorities
- Undertake special projects and other responsibilities as needed
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Passion for our shared vision of creating a world with zero hunger preferred
- Experience in fundraising, stewardship or donor support (3-4 years preferred) with experience in mid-level fundraising strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals
- Basic knowledge of prospect screening and research tools
- Demonstrated ability to act quickly and effectively while juggling multiple projects, responsibilities, and tasks
- Excellent relationship building skills and donor focus
- Must have an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset with the ability to work under remote supervision
- Must have a team player and collaboration mentality
- Ability to manage confidential information and observe donor privacy protocols
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Salesforce preferred