Families need urgent help right now.
Social Media Manager
Senior Director of Marketing and Communications
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION
WFP USA is seeking an experienced, creative social media manager to join our organization. Developing impactful social media strategies, creating breakthrough creative content for all of WFP USA’s social media channels, and driving best-in-class performance, this individual will direct all social media activities to help attract and engage new and existing supporters and drive acquisition of WFP USA donors and advocates.
Working to develop robust, integrated social media strategies that build the WFP USA brand in the United States, as well as drive engagement, the Social Media Manager will create and implement highly sharable content that is creative, attention-getting and on-brand for our projects. This leader will plan ahead and work closely with internal teams to ensure that social media plans are effectively integrated into overall marketing, communications, policy and fundraising efforts to help us grow.
Final candidates will be asked to provide examples of social media posts and take a writing test.
- Use social media to strategically build brand awareness/familiarity of WFP USA among US audiences and drive strong growth of follower base on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Develop social media campaigns, creative assets and marketing plans that connect with existing supporters and new audiences, maximize engagement and create significant social sharing.
- Plan and manage paid boosted strategies on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Drive growth of social media fundraising with tools such as IG stories and FB fundraisers.
- Plan and produce a weekly social media calendar. Manage day-to-day messaging/posts, maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging.
- Lead the development and implementation of a wide range of content forms, including text, video, images, gifs, animation, live action and other content forms that best utilize the technology available on any given social media/digital platform.
- Plan and manage campaign executions, on time, on budget, to scope.
- Manage and build relationships with social media influencers.
- Provide live coverage of events on social media, including Facebook live streaming.
- Manage the CEO’s Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on campaigns, audience growth, influencers, user engagement and revenue growth.
- Provide thought leadership, implement best-practices and track marketing performance to more effectively reach and engage with audiences, experience with tools such as Track Maven and Social Studio desired.
- Work effectively with other groups within WFP USA and UN WFP.
- General understanding of communications and public relations practices, and experience leveraging social media to build relationships with key stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE
- 4-6 years of relevant experience managing social media, including developing content, posting, boosting and analyzing metrics on social media channels, including FB, IG, TW, LI and YT.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
- Understanding of how to use social media to strategically build brands and create attention.
- Strong writing, copy-editing and proofreading skills on short deadlines, and able to effectively deal with competing priorities/deadlines.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and drive action, particularly on Facebook and Instagram.
- Proficient in Salesforce Social Studio and Track Maven.
- Creative background in producing GIFs, social graphics and videos preferred.
- Deep understanding of data and performance measurement.
- Experience working on social media within an organization with a global mission, nonprofit environment.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing the audience awareness of WFP USA.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies, please.
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization that builds support in the United States to end global hunger. WFP USA engages individuals and organizations, shapes public policy and generates resources for the United Nations World Food Programme and other hunger relief operations.
WFP USA is an equal opportunity employer.