Special Projects Manager
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, D.C.
Position Type: Full Time
About WFP USA
World Food Program USA, a nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, proudly supports the mission of the United Nations World Food Programme by mobilizing American policymakers, businesses and individuals to advance the global movement to end hunger. Our leadership and dedicated teams help to booster an enduring legacy of feeding families in need around the world.
World Food Program USA’s values, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Inclusive, and Optimistic, provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Manager of Special Projects will work closely with the Chief of Staff to deliver on the priorities of the Office of the President. This includes, but is not limited to: strategic planning, values/culture development and implementation, ad hoc cross-functional projects, support for board member outreach and relationship development, and board meeting planning and content management. The Manager must be an effective communicator with experience in project management, experience working with senior executives and a board of directors. The Manager must also work well in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multitask. Ideally, the Manager will be a creative thinker and problem solver.
- Manage cross-functional/organization-wide projects and initiatives
- Coordinate meetings, retreats, conferences, and other special events for the President’s office in conjunction with the Chief of Staff
- Assist the Chief of Staff with the strategic planning process
- Manage board meeting scheduling, logistics, material preparation and drafting meeting minutes
- Assist with board pipeline development and maintenance
- Develop and maintain organizational reports for board
- Manage board portal development, content updates and maintenance
- Create and manage content for the organization-wide intranet site for the Office of the President
- Assist with budget development for the Office of the President
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong passion and commitment to World Food Program USA’s mission and values
Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years professional experience including project management
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including accurate grammar and strong proof-reading capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to effectively engage with internal and external audiences
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Professional discretion and sound judgment in handling confidential information to maintain organizational integrity
- Experience with event planning and logistics
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task and be proactive
- Windows Operating System experience in a network environment with strong Microsoft Office proficiency necessary, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint; comfortability with Canva, Photoshop and Salesforce preferable