Specialist, Information Technology
Job Location: World Food Program USA-DC – Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Specialist, Information Technology will support the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organization. This position would work closely with the organizations IT Director, Managed Service Provider (MSP) and other technology vendors and assist in developing and implementing policies and procedures to optimize technology initiatives across the organization.
Why join us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- Your opinion will count, having exposure to key stakeholders in the company and acting as an in-house business consultant.
- You will have access to a host of inclusive benefits including parental leave, an EAP, and a wellness benefit.
- You will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger.
What will you be doing:
- Responsible for Print Management services and audio-visual equipment
- Responsible for managing all IT Assets throughout its life cycle.
- Work closely with IT vendors to develop a robust IT support program.
- Work with external vendors to support analysis, troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repair of laptops and equipment in a prompt manner that will minimize production down time.
- Support SharePoint portal and documentation projects.
- Assisting with the IT on-boarding process by providing new hire with the right equipment, access, and tools to be productive and effective.
- Support establishing IT best practices, technical support for employees and responding to infrastructure alerts.
- Manage and provide monthly reporting metrics on infrastructure ad applications.
- Work closely with other departments to support their systems needs.
- Review project plans to plan and coordinate ongoing initiatives.
- Provide users with technical support and troubleshoot IT issues.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology through training and conferences
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Evaluate the organization’s technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Other duties as assigned.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- College degree, preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2-4 years of relevant IT experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with daily IT operations for non-profits
- In-depth experience with implementation and integration of various technologies and system administration.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Platforms both on-prem and cloud
- Working knowledge on Unified communication platforms
- Apple and PC literate
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Some knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Experience purchasing equipment and asset management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to form strong internal and external relationships.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Hybrid integration platforms spanning cloud and on-premises architectures.