WFP urgently needs your support to continue its lifesaving operations across the region.
Vice President, Finance and Operations
President & CEO
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION
As an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President, Finance and Operations is charged with providing strategic vision and leadership in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Information Systems and Operations to ensure operational excellence across the whole organization. This position will incorporate best practices in these areas by implementing policies, processes and strategies to align with the needs of the organization, which is projected to grow significantly in both revenue and operations in the years ahead. The Vice President, Finance and Operations will maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the President & CEO and Senior Team informed of all critical issues.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the Operations, Accounting and Finance, and Information Systems teams.
- Ensure best practices and organizational compliance by implementing an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards and procedures.
- Lead strategic planning for budget forecasting, reserve investment policies and other finance activities.
- Provide oversight for the organization’s budgeting processes, as well as monthly and annual departmental budgets.
- Prepare and oversee the annual G&A budget.
- Seek and implement best practices across all finance and accounting activities.
- Serve as principal liaison to the Board’s Finance and Audit Committees.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking, contracting and lease negotiations.
- Manage execution and filing of all contracts and agreements, including negotiating terms.
- Promote a culture of operational excellence while managing the changing needs of a growing organization.
- Align with leadership to improve/standardize processes and to enhance operational success.
- Provide strategic oversight for investments that aligns with the organization’s goals and mission.
- Lead the Information Systems Team to seek best practices for the improvement, development and integration of network, applications and database systems across all departments.
- Ensure integrated use for all database, finance and online activities.
- Assists in the projection of future operational requirements based upon current operations, projected growth and strategic direction.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior management role within a non-profit ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization
- College degree required; a master’s in business administration is preferred.
- CPA required.
- Handle confidential matters with a high level of integrity.
- Promote integration and collaboration across the organization.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers
- Facilitate positive organizational change and growth.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills, as well as acute problem-solving abilities.
- Operate as an effective tactical worker, as well as strategic thinker
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills required as well as the ability to effectively interface with senior leadership, the Board of Directors and staff.
- Strong proficiency in Office 365; Salesforce and Quickbooks.
- Expert knowledge in GAAP finance and accounting regulations.
- Expert knowledge of NGO compliance requirements.
- Strong knowledge of IS best practices, operations systems, compliance and requirements.
Does this sound like a fit? Please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample (no more than two pages each) to HR@wfpusa.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title. This description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of incumbents holding the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Further neither this description, nor completion of tasks associated with this title should be construed as a contract of employment. All employees of WFPUSA, unless otherwise designated by the President, are at-will employees.