Intern, Institutional Partnerships
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC area (+VA & MD) or Remote from Atlanta, GA
About the Position
WFP USA’s Institutional Partnerships Team focuses on Foundations and other grantmaking institutions. These grantmaking partners have high quality designated staff and strategic program priorities with strict guidelines and restrictions on proposal development and grant execution. Identifying alignment and prioritization to guide our engagement with these current and potential engagement with these partners is a core part of the fundraising and stewardship cycle.
Overall Position Description: As an Institutional Partnerships intern, you will work with the New Business team, whose goal is to prospect potential partners and raise funds and awareness for the UN World Food Programme. Selected interns will come away with marketable skills such as how to work as part of a team, develop strong donor cultivation plans, communicate to stakeholders, and learn a variety of online platforms used for donor information.
Highlighted Responsibilities: Supporting the Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships and Senior Manager of Institutional Partnerships in a role which will include exposure to and increase understanding of: prospect research, stewardship and cultivation cycle, CRM systems, and other projects which help hone the implementation of donor engagement strategies and strengthen the pipeline of the Institutional Partnerships team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Familiarity with the practices and techniques of fundraising, preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research and editorial skills with an astute eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow processes & schedules.
- Experience in coordinating input from multiple stakeholders.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Currently pursuing or finalizing (under)graduate degree at an accredited US institution
- A strong interest in organized processes and systems
- Interest in topics of international development as well as grantmaking and funding
- Openness to learn and ability to work on multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficient to Advanced in Microsoft Office
- Strong collaboration skills
- Undertake other responsibilities assigned by the Senior Director and/or Senior Manager of New Business
Personal Characteristics and Work Style
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual
- Strong affinity for WFP’s mission and program priorities
- Openness and willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment