WFP urgently needs your support to continue its lifesaving operations across the region.
Director of Individual Giving
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Development Associate has the primary responsibility to help grow WFP USA’s individual donor programs. This person will provide support for other members of the individual giving team with prospecting, cultivation, and donor stewardship assistance. Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Development Associate will also personally manage a portfolio of annual fund donors and prospects.
• Maintain an active portfolio of annual fund level donors and prospects.
• Support all aspects of individual giving tailored appeals, endurance events, and peer-to-peer fundraising initiatives.
• Research and identify prospective donors
• Execute acknowledgement letters and other donor stewardship activities in a timely manner
• Support all aspects of planning and execution of cultivation and fundraising events for individual donors
• Provide prospecting briefings and other preparation materials as needed to Development team members for donor meetings and events
• Working closely with Communications Team, develop donor collateral material, donor spotlights, and summaries for website and annual report
• Contribute ideas and strategies for new fundraising initiatives
• Demonstrate sensitivity to relationships with donors, maintaining high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Develop strong working relationships with staff in all areas of the organization.
• Provide direction and templates, supporting the team in effectively developing and meeting proposal, reporting, and content development objectives.
• Assist with special projects as needed to support the Development team.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• One to two years of nonprofit fundraising experience (preferred).
• Excellent writing and analytical skills are essential.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly-organized, meet deadlines.
• Experienced in using online databases and other sources for prospect research.
• Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with team members.
• A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with Salesforce or other relational database, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Products.
• Ability to juggle competing projects, priorities and deadlines.
• Candidate must possess an ability to work well under pressure, synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct manner.
Does this sound like a fit? Please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample (no more than two pages each) to HR@wfpusa.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title. This description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of incumbents holding the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Further neither this description, nor completion of tasks associated with this title should be construed as a contract of employment. All employees of WFPUSA, unless otherwise designated by the President, are at-will employees.