Everyone who works at World Food Program USA shares one crucial thing in common: a belief that hunger is the world’s most solvable problem. We believe that the U.S. can play a big part in making the dream of zero hunger a reality. If you share those ideals and want to make a difference, we’re looking for like-minded individuals whose talents can help us reach our goals. We are an organization that values mission-driven and team-oriented colleagues.
Digital Fundraising Associate
REPORTS TO: Manager, Digital Fundraising
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Digital Fundraising Associate will join WFP USA’s Development Team, helping to increase financial support of the World Food Programme (WFP), the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing global hunger.
The Digital Fundraising Associate is primarily responsible for email production and reporting and analysis for our various online activities – as well as providing project support to the Development Team. The Digital Fundraising Associate will assist the Manager of Digital Fundraising in email and web production and quality assurance and will work with WFP USA’s Marketing and Communications Team to produce content for web, email and social media. This position will have a strong focus on testing, reporting and email production.
As a member of the Development Team, this individual works closely with staff across all WFP USA departments – including operations, development, communications and policy – as well as with our WFP colleagues globally.
- Use our eCRM (Luminate) and CMS (WordPress) platforms to set up and send email communications to WFP USA supporters, and assist with general website production.
- Assist with HTML email production and quality assurance.
- Provide standard reporting and analytics on email messaging performance, donor acquisition, audience segments, and return on investment.
- Assist with audience segmenting and targeting.
- Draft memos on campaign and testing results.
- Collects, monitors and reports online contributions and activity for fundraising and donor-focused web pages, as well as overall program performance. Leverages analytics to help the Development Team and Marketing and Communications Team make data-driven decisions to guide fundraising strategies.
- Manage task lists, meeting agendas and communications calendars.
- Contribute to brainstorms to develop campaign ideas and improve digital efforts.
- Participate in collaboration with various departments to improve reporting and processes.
- Work in a team to implement successful online campaigns.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS; must be able to code basic HTML by hand.
- Strong grasp of online metrics, statistics and common Excel functions. Experience with data interpretation and analysis.
- Google Analytics experience preferred.
- Comfortable with both creative and analytical approaches to work. The ideal candidate is not only a great numbers person but also a words person.
- Understand site content management systems. Luminate and WordPress experience preferred.
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organization skills. You never drop the ball.
- Willing to work hard and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Understand how to balance taking ownership with the ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or website design and development a big plus!
Does this sound like a fit? Please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample (no more than two pages each) to HR@wfpusa.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title. This description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of incumbents holding the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Further neither this description, nor completion of tasks associated with this title should be construed as a contract of employment. All employees of WFPUSA, unless otherwise designated by the President, are at-will employees.