Everyone who works at World Food Program USA shares one crucial thing in common: a belief that hunger is the world’s most solvable problem. We believe that the U.S. can play a big part in making the dream of zero hunger a reality. If you share those ideals and want to make a difference, we’re looking for like-minded individuals whose talents can help us reach our goals. We are an organization that values mission-driven and team-oriented colleagues.
Director, Digital Fundraising & Engagement
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director Development Operations
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION: This position will lead an ambitious effort to dramatically grow and sustain the organization’s digital fundraising and engagement program.
This position will develop and drive all World Food Program USA’s digital fundraising and engagement programs including email and list growth. In coordination with the organization’s direct mail program, the Director, Digital Fundraising and Engagement will help engage and sustain donors.
- Develop digital marketing strategies designed to grow and diversify our online donor-base and engage and retain existing donors.
- Manage our core digital fundraising and engagement programs, including email and list growth
- Supervise a growing team of digital fundraising and marketing specialists.
- Manage significant acquisition budgets that return strong ROIs.
- Meet or exceed an annual digital fundraising goal set in concert with the Sr. Director of Development Operations.
- Define clear measures-for-success and coordinate ongoing reporting against goals.
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing staff on integrated campaigns; ensure strategies, messaging and goals are aligned.
- Oversee vendor relationships with digital fundraising agencies and/or consultants.
- Develop a robust testing and optimization program; collaborate with our Development Operations team to define effective options for customer segmentation and targeting.
- Be a thought leader and champion for digital fundraising and engagement best practices for the organization.
- Work with the development team to identify high-value opportunities for future digital
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years minimum of experience in digital fundraising and marketing for nonprofits, either in-house or at an agency servicing this sector.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to lead and collaborate effectively in a team-focused environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and execute complex projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field.
- Experience leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams that include digital specialists.
Does this sound like a fit? Please send a cover letter, resume and one writing sample (no more than two pages each) to HR@wfpusa.org. No phone calls or agencies please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee(s) assigned to this title. This description should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of incumbents holding the position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Further neither this description, nor completion of tasks associated with this title should be construed as a contract of employment. All employees of WFPUSA, unless otherwise designated by the President, are at-will employees.