Manager, Performance Marketing
Job Location: World Food Program USA – Washington, DC
Remote Type: Hybrid in Washington, DC
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $85,000 – $90,000 /year
Job Category: Marketing
The Performance Marketing Manager will join a team of marketing professionals to play a vital role in enhancing WFP USA’s digital fundraising strategy, with an emphasis on supporting the growth of the United Nations World Food Programme’s ShareTheMeal app.
The Performance Marketing Manager will work alongside colleagues within WFP USA and the broader U.N. World Food Programme umbrella to execute a strategy to acquire new donors and app users via digital advertising campaigns that promote the download and usage of the ShareTheMeal (STM) app. Donations from the ShareTheMeal app support various U.N. World Food Programme operations ranging from resilience building and school feeding programs to providing food assistance in emergencies. Since launching the app in 2015, we have helped provide aid to some of the largest food crises in the world including Yemen, Syria and Nigeria.
About World Food Program USA
World Food Program USAs values provide the framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the world. Those values are:
Collaborative: We are all one team
Accountable: We own our work
Respectful: We are kind to each other
Inclusive: We champion diversity
Optimistic: We have a make it happen attitude
We are looking for applicants who embody these values and are invested in forwarding our mission.
Why Join Us?
- We are a dynamic, forward leaning, financially stable organization.
- You will be joining an effective, committed, high-performing group of colleagues who are well-regarded in the community.
- This position will play a crucial role in aiding the organization in their mission of ending global hunger
- Working with the STM team, manage the set-up design, execution, and optimization of high-impact digital performance advertising strategies in promotional support of the ShareTheMeal app, with a focus on using paid social, paid search, and emerging digital channels to raise funds, drive WFP brand awareness, and acquire new donors.
- Work with WFP USA Advertising team to ensure ShareTheMeal media strategy and execution are complimentary of each other, all tying up to FY24 revenue goals and overall team KPIs.
- Work with the STM team on all aspects of creative production and execution, including but not limited to writing ad copy, sourcing assets, getting creative approvals, etc.
- Help launch exploratory campaigns in emerging digital channels (I.e. TikTok, Snapchat, audio, etc.) and non-digital opportunities (OOH and/or media opportunities).
- Help provide art direction for multimedia assets (ads, video, animated gifs, content, text, etc.) for paid channels, including display and various paid social channels.
- Help track, review, and report on advertising performance and KPIs, identifying opportunities to drive stronger results.
- Monitor progress against digital advertising budgets to ensure spend and results are on target. Monitor costs, work with Director of Advertising to process invoices; and proactively identify and resolve potential cost overspend.
- Stay up to date on emerging and future digital trends as well competitive activations across all relevant industries to identify and grow brand opportunities.
- Maintain communications across WFP USA and broader U.N. World Food Programme teams related to ShareTheMeal.
- Work closely with marketing, communications and development teams to update on current and future campaigns and to gather input for on-going improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
The successful Performance Marketing Manager will be committed to WFP USA’s mission, values, programs and goals. They will embrace the opportunity to work across time zones and the organization to execute on this new-to-the-U.S. role and the ambiguity that comes with that. They will be able to take direction from a variety of stakeholders and demonstrate a highly collaborative and respectful communication style that invites progress on both fundraising goals and intra-organizational teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (i.e. marketing, digital advertising, growth and app marketing or related field) or commensurate experience.
- 3-5 years experience in executing digital campaigns. Advertising execution experience is preferred, but a case could be made for translating other digital channel experience into this role.
- Experience with app marketing preferred.
- Experience in a nonprofit or performance agency environment preferred.
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of advertising platforms (especially Facebook Business Manager, Google Search, and Google Display Network).
- Experience with marketing attribution platforms such as Adjust, Kochava and AppsFlyer. This may include:
- Utilizing these platforms to track and measure the performance of marketing campaigns
- Analyzing attribution data to identify trends and opportunities for optimization
- Experience with media mix modeling to identify the most effective marketing channels and allocate budget accordingly
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify new growth opportunities and implement marketing initiatives that could include but is not limited to: out of home marketing and display, events, PR initiatives, etc.
- Setting up and managing marketing campaigns on various channels to scale app acquisition (e.g. Google, Facebook, Apple search ads, TikTok..etc)
- Experience reporting on results and key performance indicators for marketing campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to compose compelling storytelling/messages. Experience writing strong copy optimized for digital audiences preferred.
- Strong initiative, a collaborative and hands-on approach, attention to detail and the ability to work in fast-paced and high-growth environment with challenging deadlines.
- Excited about joining a growing team and adapting to change.
- Must be passionate about solving global hunger and be inspired by the prospect of growing donor revenue and audience awareness of World Food Program USA.